"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants." -Sir Isaac Newton.
Would you like to be able to stand upon the shoulders of giants? Well, you can. Consider that, according to Inc, BuzzFeed, HuffPost, Fortune, and even Bill Gates, successful professionals, on average, read 50 to 60 books per year. That is about one book per week. And you can do it too!
But first you need to source good books and that can be the tough part. Again, we have done the hard part for you. Our list, which will ultimately be about 100 books, or about 2 years worth of reading, is carefully selected from top sources. We have read them and sourced responses, quotes, and reviews from others. Where possible we have provided sources for free and/or paid copies.
Presented in alphabetical order, the books on this list (below) range from classics to current best sellers. Most [paid] links are to Kindle editions on Amazon. Most [free] links are to various sites offering copies in PDF format. Some offer both paid and free links. Get started reading today and see how much further you will see...
Recommended Reading List
- As A Man Thinketh by James Allen [free]
- Extreme Operational Excellence: Applying the US Nuclear Submarine Culture to Your Organization by Matt DiGeronimo and Bob Koonce [paid]
- How To Be Rich by J. Paul Getty [free]
- Launch: An Internet Millionaire's Secret Formula To Sell Almost Anything Online, Build A Business You Love, And Live The Life Of Your Dreams by Jeff Walker [paid]
- On the Edge: Leadership Lessons from Mount Everest and Other Extreme EnvironmentsJan 7, 2014 | Kindle eBook
by Alison Levine and Mike Krzyzewski [paid]
- Online Business: The Bible - 3 Manuscripts - Business Ideas, Blog The Bible, Online Marketing (Everything You Need To Launch And Run A Profitable Online Business) by Riley Reive [paid]
- Presence: Bringing Your Boldest Self to Your Biggest Challenges Kindle Edition by Amy Cuddy [paid]
- Success Through A Positive Mental Attitude by Napoleon Hill and W. Clement Stone[paid] [free]
- The Magic of Thinking Big - David J Schwartz [paid]
- The Power of Positive Thinking: 10 Traits for Maximum Results Kindle Edition by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale [paid]
- The Science of Getting Rich Kindle Edition by Wallace D. Wattles [paid]
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill [free]
- Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder by Arianna Huffington [paid]
More to come...